Sunday, August 24, 2008

Self achievement

Feeling cold and tired when I'm being shaken up by a nudge from Shyi dong, and I checked my handphone for the time, it was already 3.28am. No time to waste so my bunkmates and I woke up to wash ourselves up and prepare to board the bus to Esplanade Drive.

At the scene itself were seventy thousands of people preparing for the start of the event. They must be nuts, wasting their Sunday on such things. Perhaps we say, it's for our own good. Some liked the challenges, others may find it a chore. Then it started to drizzle, but nobody was really bothered by it. And so the crowd starts to form up at the bridge waiting to cross the starting line. Moving at a very slow pace, we finally saw the ERP gantry and right before the gantry was the start point and there we go, started up slowly for the 21km -AHM run. It's not FHM but AHM, the army half marathon.

The route for the run was as such, from the Esplanade bridge up out to the ECP expressway then to Ford road, then to ECP itself and you continue to run pass McDonalds' and you kept on running without knowing where the turning point is. Finally the turn, and you tell yourself you have 11km more to go, continued to move forward to the new Marina Barrage and make a detour to Esplanade itself. Without knowing where you are, you kept on proceeding forward and finally there it is, the finishing mark. It was a challenge although I didn't really run 21km but I completed the 21km run. Hah! I walked quite a distance with Leong and Kang, but decided to break off with them at the 18-19km mark onwards because I couldn't stand the pace we're moving at. So I ran 3km by myself, bypassing many other participants and alas, crossed the finishing mark. Quite happy with myself, although I was quite slow.

Now, I earned myself a "half marathon runner" name and a pair of painful knees. The run was torturous and I hated running. It was totally boring until you decided to find motivation in it. 

Met up with my BMT mates and we had Carls' Jr (again). Then 3 of us took cab back, and I came back home fast enough, earlier than I thought.
There's another new viaduct opened for traveling from Lornie Road down to Upp Thomson. The new viaduct leads to Bradell Road, I should go explore there myself when I have the time, that is.











Do you got a First-Aid-Kit Handy? Do you know how to patch up a wound?
My hallucination.

No comments: