Friday, April 13, 2007

Pulau Ubin Bike Trip

SALUT!

12/04
The bike trip was good. I slept at 4.30am and woke up at 7am for the bike trip. Met up with the people at Tanah Merah MRT station so we can take the bus down to Changi jetty and board the bumboat to the island. It was a miracle, I reached the place ON TIME - 10am. There were a total of 13 people - me, Steven, Hwee kiat, Yu jiang, Yih dar, Jason, Ziqing, Florence, Chin sun, Jocelyn, Pei Shan, Guo qiang and Kristie.

When we're on the island, we went to the shop we always go to. However it's shop doors were not open so we rented our bicycles from the shop beside it. There were so many roaming dogs around, so cute. We cycled around the island, there isn't much changes in Ubin, 2 years ago it was this and 2 years later it's the same just that the trees got higher i supposed. At around 3pm, it rained very heavily so we took shelter at the shop houses. To me, rain was a good thing because it will make the sandy areas of Ubin muddy - I love muddy tracks. I don't care about cleanliness when I'm in Ubin, I love to get real dirty. We took quite a number of photographs. After looking at the photographs, it would be much clearer as it would, if i explained in words.

The fresh graduates shot

All of us on top of the quarry

Taken in front of a Ubin resident's shop. There's a wild boar inside

Back to our bicycles after exploring some reclaimed land. Malay tombs are located at the far end of the photograph.

It rained heavily, Yu jiang cycling in the rain as a forfeit.

This is me with a dog trying to take shelter from the heavy rain. She's so adorable.

2nd part of the journey, after the rain. Lost merchandise found - a yellow floating object.
I'm the one on the left. Notice the colour of the waters.

Victory after finding and making no use of the lost yellow object.

A trip back to mainland Singapore. An enjoyable trip.

More Ubin trips anyone? :D

Au revoir.


HELL YEAH, TODAY'S FRIDAY THE 13TH. I LOVE THIS DAY. Celebrations ?

No comments: